Why Choose Porcelain Veneers Instead of Teeth Whitening?
For individuals who are interested in lightening and whitening the shade of their teeth, it is important to understand the drawbacks of professional teeth whitening procedures. Teeth whitening:
- Causes and aggravates tooth sensitivity
- Makes teeth weaker and more porous
- Results are temporary
- May not be effective for the type of stains you have
- Actually makes teeth more likely to become discolored when exposed to staining substances
- Can irritate and inflame gum tissue
- May not achieve the degree of whitening you’d hoped for
- Requires harsh bleaching agents
At our practice in Los Algodones, Mexico we encourage patients who want a whiter smile (and likely have some other cosmetic concerns they’d like to fix) to consider improving their teeth with the placement of high-quality porcelain veneers. Porcelain veneers offer a significant number of superior benefits when compared to teeth whitening techniques. Porcelain veneers:
- Can be customized to the exact shade of white that you desire
- Are stain-resistant when they are crafted from high-quality ceramic materials
- Can conceal any type of tooth stain or discoloration
- Are very similar to the appearance of natural tooth material
- Can also improve the apparent shape, size, length, and alignment, in addition to concealing minor damage (chips/cracks) and closing gaps between teeth
- Can create long-lasting results with proper daily care and regular exams/cleanings—they can last for ten years or even longer depending upon the material used to fabricate the veneers
- Can change the appearance of your entire smile (not just the tooth color) for a beautiful smile makeover
We pride ourselves on achieving outstanding results with high-quality materials. Our aim during any kind of treatment—whether it’s cosmetic, restorative, or reconstructive—is always to improve dental health in conjunction with enhancing the smile’s appearance with long-lasting results. For these reasons, we prefer to place custom veneers in favor of performing teeth whitening treatments. When you choose our practice for porcelain veneers, you can receive superior patient care delivered in accordance with the highest standards of excellence in dentistry. While our work is comparable to results you would achieve from a top cosmetic dentist in the United States, our prices for porcelain veneers of the same caliber are dramatically lower— which makes our practice worth traveling for. Many of our patients take a relaxing dental vacation to take advantage of our world-class treatment and the beautiful sights of Mexico.
If you would like to learn more about the benefits of porcelain veneers, our prices, or specifically how veneers can improve your smile, we welcome you to contact our practice and speak with a knowledgeable member of our team.